About Me

My photo
I’m on a mission to prove you can rock it (or at least feel like you’re rockin it) over 40!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Food Truck Rodeo Wrap Up

I am so tired and my tummy hates me for putting more in there than should ever go into one human being. The Food Truck Rodeo brought a crowd. Luckily, we arrived around 6:30 in the evening to beat the largest of the crowds that would stand in amusement park lines.

My first stop was the much talked about "Roti Rolls." Their menu lists ingredients that are produced locally. After a thorough scanning, I decided to go with "Porky's Revenge." Korean bbq pork, cucumber kimchi, and spicy potatoes are wrapped up in their original Roti bread ($7). One bite and my thoughts...Holy mother of God! This stuff is amazing! The flavors complemented each other wonderfully and that Roti bread is a tortilla like wrap on crack. If you have not experienced Roti Rolls, I beg you to consider it soon, or as they say, "Get your Roti On!" Check out their facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/roti.rolls

After fighting off the gnats that began to swarm, I cursed myself for not bringing bug spray. Learn from me before your next Food Truck Rodeo. However, this did not stop me from heading to Strada Cucina to try out the Italian beef sandwich with cheese and spicy peppers ($8). I had a hard time deciding on what to get so I went ahead and also go the Chicken cutlet with prosciutto, arugula, mozzarella, and pesto on a ciabatta roll ($8). These sandwiches were monsters. They were both very good sandwiches, but I would put the Italian Beef top on my list. The meat was juicy and tender and the cheese melted throughout. I love how the peppers were diced small so they didn't fall out of my sandwich.

Knowing I shouldn't (but I did) I hit up Diggity Doughnuts. These doughnuts must be good, because when the electricity failed in the truck and they couldn't make anything, no one left the line. We didn't move for at least 25 minutes. As I got closer to the front, I felt better about my decision to suck down these pastries when I saw they were dairy and egg free. Doesn't that make them somewhat healthier? That's what I'm telling myself anyway. I sampled the Coconut and Green Curry ($2.50), Mojito flavored ($2.50), and Vanilla with sprinkles ($2.00). The Coconut and Green Curry was somewhat odd. It was spicy yet sweet and I kept taking bites because my senses were confused. The Mojito had the tart lime taste yet still sweet. My favorite was definitely the classic Vanilla with sprinkles. They were warm and gooey and finished my night of gluttony.

Few words of advice for your next Food Truck Rodeo: Bring a chair and bug spray to get the most out of this event.

Roti Rolls (Food Cart) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your happy thoughts, gripes, or suggestions here.